We carry a range of engineered flooring supplied by Preference Floors and Hurfords as well as Terra Matter. These engineered boards, or floating floors, are hard wearing and great for renovating your home and can be installed by the competent home handy man.
As an engineered timber flooring supplier, we can help you choose the right type of flooring for your property.
What are the benefits of engineered flooring?
Engineered timber flooring is generally a good investment for your residential or commercial property. It exudes a balance of warmth and elegance, adding a timeless appeal to your property. There’s also the fact that it has greater dimensional strength than solid hardwood — and you can’t even tell the difference between the two.
Consider these reasons to install engineered timber flooring:
- Engineered timber flooring won’t cost you as much as solid hardwood flooring
- Engineered hardwood is more resistant to humidity and fluctuating temperature
- Easy installation means cutting down on time and resources spent on transforming a room
- Choose from a variety of wood species, colours, finishes, and plank widths for your project
How do you choose the right engineered floors?
You have a wide selection of engineered hardwood flooring to choose from. With so many choices available, you might have difficulty selecting the right one for your property. But keep in mind that the most important factors are the product’s durability and how the product complements your interior design.
Here are other factors for you to consider when choosing the right type of engineered flooring:
- Wood species: Oak is a popular species because of its durability and timeless tone
- Wood stain: Engineered flooring is often pre-stained, but you can re-stain it to match your room
- Finishing: Choose from high-gloss, semi-gloss and matte floorings depending on room décor
- Surface effects: Smooth surface design is more formal. Add texture for a more rustic look
- Core layer: Plywood is a common core layer that offers lasting support and durability
How do you maintain engineered flooring?
Engineered hardwood flooring maintenance is relatively easy. It’s a simple task that you can add to your regular cleaning routine. The most important part is sweeping away dust and debris, and immediately wiping away liquid spills. Here are some essential tips to keep your engineered floors looking good for a long time:
- Sweep the floor daily using a broom or a vacuum cleaner with a soft attachment
- Keep the floor free from dirt and debris by using a microfiber dust mop
- Wipe away liquid spills before they cause irreversible damage to the flooring
- Stay away from harsh floor cleaners and, instead, use manufacturer-recommended products
Get All Your Engineered Flooring Needs in One Place
Tile Importer features a wide range of engineered hardwood for bathroom and kitchen flooring, as well as for doors. We’re your one-stop online shop in Melbourne. If you aren’t sure about which product to get, or if you have something specific in mind that you want us to find, get in touch with us immediately.
We pride ourselves in friendly and helpful customer service. Visit our showroom so we can get started on your renovation project. Call 03 9562 7181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote and consultation.